The VP of engineering is responsible for the strategic leadership of our development teams in design, development, test and deployment of a range of proprietary software solutions. A successful candidate will have an established background in leading and developing customer-facing systems, a strong technical ability, excellent organization and communication skills and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced, ever changing organization.
- Lead and expand an organization of software development.
- Manage and facilitate multiple development projects to ensure development and testing efforts meet quality objectives and launch targets.
- Identify both strategic opportunities and potential threats associated with emerging technologies and executes software development plans.
- Champion best practices within the organization including but not limited to the following areas: design, architecture, code re-use, performance, and quality.
- Coordinate with product management, as well as test, documentation and product support management to ensure that the needs of all projects in the product line are met.
- Assist product management by providing technical insight and judgment of feature/schedule/cost trade offs.
- Partner with corporate business leadership and executive team to analyze, consult, drive, develop and oversee the delivery of new business applications and features which support key business objectives and strategies.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned